Arezki Djadour focuses on M&A and corporate transactions. He has a strong practice in Algeria, including advising in the context of transactions involving international companies acquiring State-owned entities within the privatization process.
He also assists international clients with the set-up of local entities and joint ventures with local partners, including in highly regulated sectors such as pharmaceuticals and insurance.
Arezki also has several years of experience working as in-house counsel, having taken the position of of Legal Affairs Manager for a French agribusiness group, AXEREAL, a leader in the European malt products, milling and animal nutrition markets.
Arezki is recommended in the IFLR1000 as a "rising star," in The Legal 500 as a "leading individual" and in Chambers and Partners where it is noted that "clients commend his 'helpful and collaborative approach' and say 'he is always at our disposal.'"
Experience has included advising:
Subsidiaries of international banks on loan facilities, regulatory issues and forex matters in Algeria.
- A Portuguese company on repatriation and forex issues against a major French bank.
- A leading UK bank on bonds and guarantee matters.
- A leading French multinational automobile manufacturer in the negotiations of a loan agreement granted by a major public bank.
- ALVER (a subsidiary of Saint Gobain) in the conclusion and negotiation of financial documentation and guarantees with a major private bank after the privatization of the company.
- A Japanese company in an industrial project for the setting-up of a plant in Algeria.
- Advising a leading international pharmaceutical company in their legal matters in Algeria, including corporate, litigation and regulatory issues.
- A major international pharmaceutical company in the recapitalization of their two Algerian subsidiaries.
- Lactalis, a leading French dairy products manufacturer in a spin-off operation with Soummam, its former Algerian partner.
- University of Paris V, DESS in European Business Law (2005)
- University of Paris V, Master in International Trade Law (2005)
- University of Paris V, Master in Economics Law (2004)
- University of Paris V, Master in European and International Business Law with Common Law certificate (2003)
- University of Paris V - University of Bern Switzerland, Bachelor degree in European and International Law (2002)
- Ranked as a Rising Star (IFLR1000 2019)
- Ranked as a Leading Individual (The Legal 500 2019)
- "Arezki Djadour is well regarded for his expertise in the automotive industry, with recent highlights including advice to Renault and its Algerian joint venture partners on the establishment of a new assembly plant." (Chambers and Partners 2019)