Fafa Annoh is an Associate in the Corporate & Commercial Division. Her focus areas include advising on legal and regulatory risks in commercial matters and advising on compliance issues.
Fafa’s experience is in general civil litigation and includes acting as co-counsel in review applications at the High Court, advising on various contractual disputes between landlords and tenants and advising insurance companies on claims disputes.
She also advises on various commercial agreements such as lease agreements and non-disclosure agreements and on intellectual property issues such as trademark infringements, registration and renewal of trademarks.
Fafa holds a certificate in Trial Advocacy administered by the Law Society of Botswana, in conjunction with the National Institute of Trial Advocacy (USA) and Justice Advocacy Africa.
Experience has included advising:
- Various private companies on contractual breach claims;
- Property owners on landlord-tenant disputes relating to non-payment of rentals;
- As a team member, various transport entities in judicial review proceedings;
- As a team member, an insurance company on the validity of various claims; and
- As a team member, a foreign investor on the regulatory framework for a proposed energy sector project.
- Attorney admitted to the High Court of Botswana (2015)
- University of South Africa, LLB (2014)
- Law Society of Botswana, Certificate in Trial Advocacy (2018)
- Botswana Accountancy College, Post Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Risk Management (2018)
- June 2019 to date, Associate, Minchin & Kelly (Botswana), DLA Piper Africa in Botswana
- 2016 to June 2019, Associate, Gaborone based law firms
- Law Society of Botswana