This edition will speak about law no 1/17 of August 22nd, 2017 revision the law no 1/017 of October 23rd, 2003 and governing the banking activities in Burundi.
Claudine Mukerabirori advises on the procedure of registration of trademarks, service marks, collective marks, trade names, patents, Industrial designs, copyright, IP & sport disputes, joint ventures and brand management. She provides advice on the life span of acquisitions of the exclusive right to a trademark, commercial names, patents, industrial designs and their registration.
Claudine’s clients range from large multinational corporations to individual inventors, authors and owners of creative works.
She represents clients in patent disputes involving a wide variety of complex technologies, including pharmaceuticals, business systems and methods, computer systems and software, Internet- and email-related technologies, telecommunications equipment, electronic instruments, consumer products, manufacturing processes and equipment, security and monitoring equipment.
Claudine’s represents clients over the administrative procedures of international adoption.
Experience has included advising:
- An American immigration organization, in obtaining visas and work permits.
- A Kenyan, German, Swiss and Chinese private companies, in registration of their industrial property rights.
- A Non-profit organization in a dismissal procedures.
- An NGO with over 300 staff members, in the management of its medical insurance policies.
- Several clients including Italian, French, German, Burundian, in the international adoption procedure.
- Advocate admitted with the Court of Appeal of Bujumbura (2010)
- Université Lumière de Bujumbura, LL.B. (2008)
- Burundi Bar Association
- East African Law Society
- International Trade Mark Association