Yvan Irambona advises on financial sector mergers and acquisitions and regulatory approval. He advises on authorized representative arrangements and marketing and sales structures.
Yvan’s clients range from financial services industries, insurance and pensions, banking and lending, as well as new services such as, trading platforms, e-money and payment services.
He assists on the business structures and framework in which insurance companies operate, the challenges businesses face, and the overarching regulatory environment and risk management strategies needed to address regulatory and legal obligations. He intervenes in professional indemnity litigation, providing services for insurers and professional services organizations.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, an insurance company in litigation cases involving a driving accident
- As a team member, the victims of a driving accident
- As a team member, companies in labor litigation cases and social security
- As a team member, a number of private companies in commercial legal cases
- Advocate admitted with the Court of Appeal of Bujumbura (2015)
- Université Lumière de Bujumbura, LL.B. (2013)
- Burundi Bar Association
- East Africa Law Society