To provide timely and sound legal advisory services to clients on conveyancing, banking and finance matters and ensuring that all legal matters pertaining to conveyancing transactions are handled effectively in order to ensure client satisfaction and enhance revenue generation for the firm.
- Responsible for the legal matters, paperwork and queries associated with property transactions;
- Processing, reviewing and/or drawing up contracts while ensuring that all the interests of the client are covered;
- Provide sound legal advice to the clients regarding the technical and financial implications of contracts;
- Protect client interests at all times, while taking precautions against potential fraud and money laundering;
- Actively participate and engage in departmental and firm wide business development efforts;
People management / supervision:
- Review of work done by junior Associates; provide correction and constructive feedback;
- Mentor and coach junior Associates on technical skills;
- Assist the HoD in reviewing the performance of junior Associates.
- Attend trainings to ensure CLE compliance
- Research on the law to keep abreast with the ever emerging legal principles and new areas of law;
- Other duties aligned to the role as requested by management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from a recognized university;
- Professional qualification from the Kenya School of Law;
- Must be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya, with a valid practicing certificate;
- Minimum of six (6) years post qualification experience;
- Experience working in a similar role while handling complex bank securities;
- Leadership experience within a similar environment.
Skills and Competencies
- Leadership of self and of others;
- Ability to quickly adapt to change;
- Must be able to cope well under pressure and setbacks;
- Highly analytical and meticulous;
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities;
- Must be an excellent team player;
- Able to maintain existing client relationships and create new ones (business development)
The successful candidate will:
- Join a leading regional and global network of over 4,000 lawyers across the globe;
- Gain exposure within Africa and the rest of the world while working with leading lawyers on high profile matters;
- Participate in IKM’s cross border secondment opportunities;
- Get an opportunity to mentor and coach young and upcoming lawyers;
- Enjoy a competitive remuneration & benefits package.
Required education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 6 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)