- Representing clients in any disputes with the KRA including filing objections and appeals to the Tax Appeals tribunal as well as the High court;
- Providing tax advisory services in relation to corporation tax, VAT, employment taxes, withholding tax, customs duty, excise tax and all other taxes and levies that may be applicable to a client’s business;
- Providing tax management and compliance services including review and filing of tax returns as well as payment of periodic taxes within statutory deadlines;
- Providing compliance services on behalf of clients such as individual and employer tax registrations, advising on taxes payable, ensuring that return filing and tax remittance is
done within the statutory timelines;
- Providing advice on all aspects of customs duties, including the procedures for importing and exporting goods into the East Africa customs territory, the rules of origin for various
trade blocks, the prohibitions, restrictions, and reliefs available as well as classification of goods for tariff purposes and valuation issues;
- Representing clients in handling tax refund claims;
- Advising on the interpretation of Double Tax Agreements and their application to client’s
carrying out business in Kenya; and
- Support all other Practice Groups within the firm that require tax input on any matters that they are handling.
- Actively participate and engage in the Practice Group and firm wide business development efforts.
Required education: Bachelor's degree
Required relevant work experience: 3 years
Required languages: English (Spoken: fluent | Written: fluent)