Amanda Maseno advises on energy, infrastructure, projects, public private partnerships (PPP) and public procurement transactions. She has gained exposure and experience in various matters including carrying out compliance checks, legal due diligence, drafting and preparation of transaction agreements such as power purchase agreements and asset transfer agreements, issuing legal opinions and engaging various regulators.
Amanda’s clients range from investors to lenders involved in various energy and infrastructure projects as well as local commercial banks in terms of her restructuring experience
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a leading power generation company on the acquisition of a Power Plant.
- As a team member, FedEx Express, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp, in the expansion of the flight services through the introduction of the continuous scheduled service to Nairobi, Kenya.
- As a team member, developers of a 40MW solar power project in Rumuruti.
- As a team member, a leading commercial bank in Kenya on their debt recovery options in relation to a loan agreement involving a private company and a state corporation
- As a team member, a local bank on the process of a debt takeover
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2022)
- Certified Secretary
- Certified Professional Mediator
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2022)
- University of Nairobi
- 2022 to date, Associate, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2021 to 2022, Pupil , IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya