The Government of Kenya through the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is keen on ensuring that all companies carrying on business and all persons employed in Kenya, both local and foreign, remit their taxes as prescribed by law
Christine Njau represents and advises clients on the wide range of commercial issues. This involves advising on business registration options including limited liability companies, branch offices of foreign companies, limited liability partnerships, business names, companies limited by guarantee, non-profits, the dissolution of such entities, and negotiating, drafting and reviewing commercial documents and agreements.
She advises on employment / labor matters including the drafting and reviewing of employment contracts, employee handbooks / manuals and policies, advising on various types of termination of employment, and advising on immigration options and applying for immigration authorization.
Christine also advises on intellectual property matters such as, trademarks, copyrights and licensing. This includes advising on domain registration and the handling of counterfeit / contraband issues.
She is also involved in due diligence exercises where she provides assessments and reports on corporate status, employment, immigration and the intellectual property aspects of a transaction.
Christine’s clients range from local companies and individuals to multinationals and non-profits.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2006)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2007)
- Suffolk University Law School in Boston, Masters of Law LL.M. in Intellectual Property, International Law and Business (2008)
- University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Laws LL.B. (2005)
- Ranked as a rising star in World Trademark Review
- Recognized as a Next Generation Lawyer by Legal 500
- 2020 to date, Legal Director, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2012 to 2020, Senior Associate, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2010 to 2012, Associate, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2009, Intern, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2008, Intern, Boston-based software company
- 2006, Associate, Nairobi-based law firm
- 2005, Intern, Nairobi-based law firm
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya
The permit verification and foreigner registration exercise concluded on 22nd July 2018.