Diana Ogula is experienced in commercial litigation and arbitration including insolvency-related disputes, defamation proceedings, employment and labor-related disputes and disputes arising from real estate development projects.
Diana represents top media houses, leading banks, non-governmental organizations and leading retailers in the Kenyan market in various disputes before the courts and administrative tribunals.
Experience has included advising:
- Nation Media Group Plc., a top media house, in defamation proceedings, employment and labor-related disputes and disputes arising from real estate development projects
- Nakumatt Holdings Limited, one of the leading retailers in the Kenyan market, in highly-publicized insolvency proceedings facing the company with more than 100 creditors seeking to liquidate the company
- As a team member prosecuting the first-ever application for an administration order to be filed in Kenya under the insolvency act on behalf of Nakumatt Holdings Limited
- World Vision International in a novel application filed before the high court seeking to have two separate and parallel arbitral proceedings consolidated and heard together, and a single award published
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2006)
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Master of Law LL.M. (Taxation)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2016)
- University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Laws LL.B.
- 2020 to date, Legal Director, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2016 to 2020, Senior Associate, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2015 to 2016, Senior Legal Officer & Head of Station, government-based agency
- 2012 to 2015, Legal Officer, government-based agency
- 2008 to 2012, Associate, Nairobi-based law firm
- Law Society of Kenya
- International Bar Association