Dorcas Kirarei is an Associate in the IKM dispute resolution practice. She provides legal support to the firm’s clients especially in providing commercial advice and strategy. She is an integral member of the team has assisted in handling litigation disputes involving media houses, insurance companies, financial institutions, manufacturing sector and private clients. Together with other team members, Dorcas successfully conducted a pre-acquisition due diligence for a leading commercial bank in Kenya.
She advises and represents clients in all aspects of commercial litigation including claims for breach of contract, employment and labour relations, debt recovery, intellectual property, defamation, land matters and Insurance claims constitutional and judicial review.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, in one of the largest local banks in a pre -acquisition due diligence process in Kenya
- As a team member, in advising a leading Bank in a demand for enforcement of an Advance Payment Guarantee issued by the Bank as a guarantor to secure the performance of an underlying contract for drilling of geothermal wells
- As a team member, leading insurance companies in defending insurance claims
- As a team member, a media house in defending defamation claims
- As a team member, in advising various clients in defending employment disputes
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2016)
- University of Nairobi, Masters of Law (Ongoing)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2015)
- Moi University, Bachelor of Laws LL. B (2013)
- March 2020 to date, Associate, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa in Kenya
- October 2016 to February 2020, Legal Counsel, East African Breweries Limited
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya
- Member of the East African Law Society