Kenyans have been in a state of panic since the outbreak of the novel coronavirus. From a projects perspective, contractors have been a particularly worried lot, seeing as the pandemic has affected supply chains and their ability to meet their contractual obligations.
Eunice Mutangili specializes in infrastructure, renewable energy, public procurement and public-private partnerships.
Some of the mandates in which Eunice has been involved include several solar power projects (three of which have reached financial close), a wind power project (which reached financial close in 2018) and a special economic zones project.
She advises both sponsors and lenders in relation to projects being developed in Kenya. In the energy sector, she acts for clients across all fuel types including, solar, wind, geothermal and hydropower.
In 2016, she was seconded to Kipeto Energy Plc, a company involved in the development of the second largest wind power project in Kenya.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, lenders on a 40 MW solar power project in Malindi, Kenya which reached financial close
- As a team member, the developer on two, 40 MW solar power projects which reached financial close
- As a team member, the developer of a 100 MW wind farm in Kajiado County, Kenya which reached financial close
- As a team member, a Kenyan company (listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange), which is involved in the mining of carbon dioxide
- As a team member, the lessee of a proposed office block under a sale and leaseback arrangement
- As a team member, an international construction company on the setting up of the first Special Economic Zone in Kenya
- As a team member, the developer of a hydropower project in south Mara River, Kenya
- As a team member, the Export Processing Zones Authority on proposed strategic interventions to enhance the investment environment and increase domestic and foreign investments in Kenya’s textile and apparel manufacturing sectors
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2016)
- Kenya School of Law, Advocates Training Program (2014)
- University of Warwick, UK, Master of Laws in International Economic Law LL.M. (2011)
- Coventry University, UK, Bachelor of Laws in Law and Business LL.B. (2010)
- 2015 to date, Associate, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2014 to 2015, Pupil, Nairobi-based law firm
- Law Society of Kenya