Gilbert Juma specialises in providing commercial dispute resolution solutions to clients. As part of a team, he has assisted in handling litigation disputes involving government agencies, media houses, insurance companies, financial institutions and private clients. Together with other team members, Gilbert successfully conducted a pre-acquisition due diligence for a leading commercial bank in Kenya.
He advises and represents clients in all aspects of commercial litigation including claims for breach of contract, employment and labour relations, debt recovery, intellectual property, defamation, land matters, constitutional and judicial review and Insurance claims.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, one of the largest local banks in a pre -acquisition due diligence process in Kenya
- As a team member, a telecommunication company in Kenya in challenging an arbitration award before the High Court
- As a team member, a media house in defending defamation claims
- As a team member, a proprietor in challenging the decision of the High court to set aside an arbitration award.
- As a team member, leading insurance companies in defending insurance claims.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2019)
- Certified Public Secretary- CPS (K) – (2015)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2017)
- University of Kisii, Bachelor of Laws LL. B (2016)
- 2019 to date, Associate, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa in Kenya
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya