Grace Gitau advises on aspects of real estate law including leases, sale and purchases of land, power of attorneys, replacement and reconstruction of titles, transfers by personal representatives, and general probate matters. Her clients include, developers, commercial banks, corporate bodies and individuals.
Grace undertakes preparation of both commercial and residential leases, license agreements, sale agreements, transfers, subleases, and bank securities such as charges, discharges, guarantees and debentures.
Grace also carries out due diligence on bank securities for various commercial banks and potential target undertakings and prepares reports of the investigations.
Experience has included advising:
- A Chinese developer in the preparation and registration of leases in favour of the respective purchasers
- A local company in preparation, review and subsequent registration of commercial leases
- Pfizer - advising on the appropriate extension of their lease and preparing the agreement
- Various vendors and purchasers in preparation of sale agreements, transfers and registration of the transfers
- Individuals - advising on probate matters and preparation of the transfer of a deceased’s estate
- As a team member, a leading commercial bank in Kenya in undertaking a legal due diligence on a potential target undertaking
- A commercial bank, in preparation and registration of power of attorney in various registries across the country
- As a team member, commercial banks, in reviewing bank securities and preparing review reports of the due diligence investigations
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2019)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2017)
- Kenyatta University, Bachelor of Laws LL.B. (2016)
- 2019 to date, Associate, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2018 to 2019, Pupil, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya