Hassan Kibet assists non-governmental organizations (NGO) and not-for-profits in carrying out registrations including drafting the constitution and the relevant statutory forms, following up and obtaining the certificate of registration from the NGO board.
Hassan advises new entrants into the Kenyan market on the registration options under Kenyan law, undertaking the actual registrations and advising on statutory and tax compliance requirements.
He advises clients on various aspects of employment law including preparation and review of employment contracts, independent contractor agreements and human resource policies / manuals to bring them into compliance with local labor laws, advising on staff rationalization exercises, transfer of employees following a merger / acquisition transaction, employee share option plans / schemes, retirement benefits, workplace safety and foreign contracts of employment.
Hassan also advises clients on the full spectrum of immigration work and provides guidance on the most ideal option to suit their business and personal needs. He also assists local and international clients in the registration of various intellectual property rights in Kenya.
Experience has included advising:
- Part of the legal team which assisted ShoreCap II Limited, a private equity fund, in conducting a due diligence exercise on a local bank
- Part of the team which acted for a global engine-manufacturing company looking to enter into a joint venture with one of the leading suppliers of generators, motorbikes, marine engines, construction equipment and automotive and engineering products in the region
- Part of the team which assisted a multinational company in restructuring its business specifically separating its healthcare and transportation businesses
- As a team member, assisting a foreign investor in a pre-acquisition of a group which includes a Kenyan subsidiary company
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2016)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2015)
- Kenyatta University, Bachelor of Laws LL.B. (2013)
- 2016 to date, Associate, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2015 to 2016, Pupil, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2013 to 2014, Legal assistant, Kenyan-based regulator
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya
- Member of the East Africa Law Society