Irene Kariuki advises on various aspects in the banking and finance sector including preparation and perfection of bank securities, bank facility documents and legal requirements for creation of enforceable bank securities.
She is also involved in the real estate sector including advising clients on the statutory and regulatory requirements for transfer and acquisition of real property, preparation of both commercial and residential leases and sale agreements.
Irene’s experience also includes conducting real estate legal due diligence on target undertakings and completing due diligence reports.
Irene represents lenders such as commercial banks and residential and commercial developers on various aspects of real estate development.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a leading local commercial bank in preparing and reviewing bank securities and facility documents.
- As a team member, a local developer in the preparation and registration of commercial leases.
- As a team member, a leading restaurant and reviewing commercial leases for its establishments.
- As a team member, on probate matters and preparing testamentary documents.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2021)
- Certified Secretary, Kenya
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2019)
- University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Laws (2018)
- 2021 to date, Associate, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2020 to 2021, Pupil, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2018 to 2019, Intern, government-based agency
- October 2017 to December 2017, Legal Assistant, Nairobi-based law firm
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya
Member of the Institute of Certified Secretaries