Jane Wangari advises on real estate, bank securities and general conveyancing and commercial transactions. She has advised diverse clients including public sector entities, corporate bodies, commercial lenders and individuals.
Jane also works with property developers, owners of commercial buildings, local and foreign individuals and corporate organizations. She advises on subdivision, the amalgamation of properties, the extension of leases and change of use. She also represents clients in the sale and purchase of various properties, which involves negotiating terms and perusing and/or drafting the required documents including sale agreements, transfers and leases She also oversees the registration of documents at the lands offices in the relevant countries and provides general advise to clients on any legal issues arising thereafter.
Jane advises in a variety of commercial transactions, which includes incorporation and registration of companies, societies, trusts and business names and preparing and filing various resolutions relating to these legal entities.
Jane is the pro bono champion at IKM, responsible for leading and coordinating the firm’s pro bono projects.
Experience has included advising:
- Drafting relevant documents in the sale of 900 acres of land (KES5.2 billion) to a government entity for purposes of developing the standard-gauge railways logistics and commercial hub
- A top-tier bank which advanced banking facilities to the sum of approximately USD54 million to a customer who was undertaking a construction project, with a view to developing a low-cost hotel with 200 rooms and a conference center
- A leading Islamic bank in relation to the creation of a charge securing more than USD2.7 million over a property being purchased by a company with the Islamic bank as the security agent and a foreign bank as the financier
- A leading bank,in relation to various facilities securing USD10 million granted to several borrowers from the same group of companies. of Variation of Debenture for various different purposes
- A leading bank in relation to various facilities securing more than EUR10. 8 million and more than USD5.9 million granted to a group of companies
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2012)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2011)
- University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Laws LL.B. (2010)
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS) (2012)
- 2018 to date, Senior Associate, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2015 to 2017, Associate, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2012 to 2014, Associate, Nairobi-based law firm
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya