Maureen Nyakinyua is a real estate and finance lawyer. She mainly focuses on property law, general conveyancing, property development work, joint ventures, banking, and finance transactions.
Maureen has assisted commercial, residential, and mixed use property developers and private clients in property acquisition and disposal process including due diligence, legal structuring, formation of investment vehicles, title processing, transaction management, completion formalities and related advice.
Maureen also advises financial institutions and individual clients in structuring and re-structuring financial lending transactions and conducting due diligence.
In addition, Maureen works with the corporate team in undertaking due diligence of properties involved in merger and acquisition transactions.
Experience has included advising:
- One of the largest real estate developers in Kenya, in structuring four developments within Nairobi County and two developments in Kilifi County.
- A real estate developer in negotiating a USD45 million term loan facility.
- A real estate developer in negotiating a USD65 million term loan facility.
- A leading real estate developer in structuring, drafting, and negotiating the terms of a joint venture partnership for the construction of 365 residential apartments.
- Advising a real estate developer in negotiating and reviewing the terms of a KES2 billion real estate development facility.
- A leading real estate developer in structuring, drafting, and negotiating the terms of a joint venture partnership for the construction of 268 residential apartments.
- A real estate developer in the sale of serviced land in a mixed use development.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2015)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2013)
- Kenyatta University
- 2021 to date, Senior Associate, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya;
- 2018 to 2021, Senior Associate, Centum Real Estate Limited;
- 2015 to 2018, Associate, TripleOKLaw Advocates LLP.
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya
- East Africa Law Society