Mumbi Gichuhi is part of a team that advises on the full spectrum of intellectual property and immigration, including advising on the various rights and preparing documentation in support of respective applications. Mumbi also advises various clients on employment issues particularly, the enforcement of employment agreements, variation of contractual terms, termination of employment, workplace health and safety and the safe management of employee data in a work place. Mumbi’s clients range from the local and foreign companies to individuals.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a multinational company on the acquisition of vaccines by private companies as a complimentary effort to the government.
- As a team member, a number of local companies in navigating the new work place realities owing to the subsistence of COVID – 19 i.e. variation of employment terms, leave plans, workplace health and safety policies and regulations and redundancy.
- As a team member, a foreign company on Data Protection Regulations in Kenya and treatment of employees’ personal data by employers.
- As a team member, multiple companies on registering, renewing, and informing them of the possible remedies available in the case of an infringement of their Intellectual Property Rights.
- As a team member, on the available entry permits as well as their eventual application to the Department of Immigration Services on behalf of companies in Kenya looking to engage foreign employees.
- On several commercial contracts, including employment agreements, secondment agreements, sale agreements and advising on several areas of commercial law and regulatory compliance.
- Strathmore University, Bachelor of Laws,LLB. (2018)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2020)
- May 2021 to date, Associate, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- January 2020 to April 2021, Pupil, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya