Purity Gathigia is an associate involved in several local, regional and international commercial transactions. She has gained exposure and a wealth of experience in various commercial matters including but not limited to employment, intellectual property, immigration, information communication and technology.
Purity assists in matters involving high net worth individuals, leading non-profit organisations, reputable insurance companies and renown global organisations.
Additionally, Purity has been involved in the registration and renewal of trademarks, industrial designs and patents. She also advises on many employment matters including termination of employment contracts by way of redundancy, dismissal and mutual separation. Purity also handles estate planning and trust funds and has set up various companies and branches of foreign companies as well as the restructuring of companies for both local and international clients. Purity regularly advises on telecommunication and data protection in strict confinement of the Kenyan law.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a technology giant on essentials of an employment contract under Kenyan law
- As a team member, a high net worth individual on setting up options of a private equity firm and the essentials of an international employment contract
- As a team member, an international tea exporting company on employment contracts and the requirements of amending a contract to existing employees
- As a team member, an international humanitarian organisation engaging on their board reconstitution and engaging with the authorities
- As a team member, a multinational company in termination options for employees
- As a team member, reviewing agreements for a Kenyan-based holding company that manufactures beer
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2020)
- Kenya School of Law (2018)
- The University of Nairobi, LL.B. (2017)
- January 2020 to date, Associate, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa in Kenya
- Jan-December 2019, Pupil, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa in Kenya
- Jan-September 2017, Intern, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa in Kenya
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya