Sharon Onacha advises on corporate and commercial law work including commercial and transactional matters, corporate set ups, restructuring, employment and labor law, immigration, intellectual property (contentious and non-contentious), non-governmental and not-for-profit organizations, data protection and technology and other complex transactions across a wide range of industries. Sharon is also experienced in drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex commercial agreements and provides ongoing general counsel to a wide range of local and international clients in multisectoral fields including private companies, non-profit organizations, financial and banking services, infrastructure, construction and transport, insurance, life sciences, media, education institutions, technology, sports and entertainment.
Experience has included advising:
- An international aviation company on legal and regulatory compliance and gaps of its Kenyan subsidiary.
- As a team member, a multinational company intending to expand its content offerings in Kenya via SVOD (including distribution of third-party video subscription services via Prime Video Channels), as well as explore the expansion of its transactional video-on-demand (TVOD) service to Kenya.
- Advising a multinational corporation on a wide range of employment issues including garden leave, summary dismissal, termination of fixed term contracts, secondment of employees as well as redundancy, and retrenchment of over 1500 employees involving provision of ongoing general counsel, drafting, reviewing and negotiating of employment contracts, human resource policies and other attendant documents.
- A multinational technology company on the Communications Authority United License Framework regime and their respective application processes and requirements, assisting in the license application.
- A multinational renewable energy company on a trade mark infringement matter in Kenya.
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya (2017)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2015)
- Moi University, Bachelor of Laws LLB, (2014)
- Member, Law Society of Kenya
- Member, East Africa Law Society