Timothy Mukiti advises on a full spectrum of corporate work including mergers and acquisitions, private equities, corporate restructuring, capital markets compliance, aviation law and competition law.
Timothy's clients range from private equity funds and fund managers to banks, insurance companies, infrastructure and development companies, and aviation firms.
Timothy also advises on tax matters on diverse tax issues including transfer pricing, international taxation, employment taxes, corporation tax, customs and excise taxes, global mobility services and consumer taxes.
His tax clients include multinationals operating in Kenya, fortune 500 companies, expats working in Kenya, local financial institutions, and manufacturing companies.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, two leading local commercial banks in a merger transaction
- As a team member, a fintech company in a private equity investment transaction by international investors
- As a team member, a leading brewer in tax structuring and tax compliance
- As a team member, a leading local bank acquiring the assets and loan book of a smaller bank
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Kenya (2019)
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2018)
- University of Nairobi, Bachelor of Laws LL.B. (2014)
- CPS finalist
- CPA part II (sections 3&4)
- 2019 to date, Associate, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2018 to 2019, Pupil, IKM, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya
- 2014 to 2017, Tax Associate , Kenyan-based global advisory firm
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya