Wanja Mukiri is part of the Corporate Practice Group and advises on Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Capital Markets and Competition. Her clients range from private equity and venture capital funds, leading regional commercial banks, listed entities, investment funds and financial institutions.
She also advises on corporate matters including regulatory compliance cutting across different sectors, transaction agreements, corporate governance as well as carrying out due diligence investigations. She is advises clients on general company matters, investment funds and restructuring.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a US based impact investment organization in debt and equity restructuring of a Kenyan based company in relation to the construction of a residential affordable housing project.
- As a team member, a Mauritian based solar power company on antitrust and regulatory compliance in its merger with another Mauritian Based solar power company.
- As a team member, a London stock exchange listed company on compliance with international antitrust best practice.
- As a team member, advising a multinational company in the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of an e-commerce company based in South America.
- As a team member, the internal reorganization of a tier one investment bank.
- As a team member, the acquisition of shares held by the minority shareholders in a Kenyan bank by an Egypt-based publicly listed bank.
- As a team member, a real estate and private equity firm on a joint venture for the development of a residential gated community
- Kenya School of Law, Diploma in Law (2020-2021)
- University of Nottingham (2015-18)
- May 2022 to date, Associate, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya.
- May 2021 to April 2022, Trainee Lawyer, IKM Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Kenya.
- June 2020 to August 2020, Intern, Nairobi based law firm.