Divesh joined Juristconsult Chambers after being called to the Bar of Mauritius in September 2021.
His areas of focus revolves around corporate and commercial matters. He has appeared in front of the Industrial Court and the Bankruptcy Division of the Supreme Court. He assists clients on employment law matters including by providing representation in disciplinary committees.
He has, also, advised a number of local and international conglomerates on areas such as private pension schemes, insolvency and corporate governance matters.
Experience has included advising:
- As a team member, a local conglomerate with respect to its obligations with respect to its employees in relation to its pension obligations including under the Portable Retirement Gratuity Fund.
- As a team member, various local companies, with employment matters including disciplinary committees and their obligations towards their employees during the COVID-19 period.
- As a team member, assisted a University based in Mauritius, with representation in front of the Higher Education Commission.
- As a team member, an international client with regards to a proposed dividend declaration and its tax implication.
- As a team member, an international client with regards its proposed re-domiciliation in Luxembourg.
- As a team member, a management company with regards to its obligations towards the Financial Services Commission.
- As a team member, a trading company, in Winding-up Proceedings in front of the Bankruptcy Court of the Supreme Court.
- As a team member, a real estate conglomerate, in proceedings in front of the Supreme Court.
- As a team member, an international trading company, in injunction proceedings against a local Bank.
- As a team member, a major local conglomerate with regards to the appointment of Liquidator for a defaulting Debtor.
- Barrister-at-law admitted to the Bar of Mauritius (September 2021)
- Called to the degree of an Utter Barrister of England and Wales by the Honourable Society of Middle Temple, London (March 2020)
- Bar Professional Training Course / BPP University, London UK (November 2019)
- LLB with Honours / Middlesex University, Mauritius Branch Campus (June 2016)
- The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple
- Mauritius Bar Association
- Juristconsult Chambers, DLA Piper Africa, Mauritius - Pupillage under the supervision of Mr. R. M. Marc Hein, SC, G.O.S.K (June 2020 – September 2020)
- Mauritius based Barrister - Pupillage under the supervision of a Barrister-at-law (September 2020 – February 2021)
- Mauritius based Attorney-at-Law - Pupillage under the supervision of an Attorney-at-law (February 2021 – May 2021)
- Juristconsult Chambers, DLA Piper Africa, Mauritius - Pupillage under the supervision of Mr. Burty Francois (May 2021 – August 2021)