New data protection regulations
Bhavish’s practice covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law, banking & finance, capital markets and data protection. Bhavish regularly advises high profile conglomerates in respect of data protection laws.
He also regularly advises local and international clients in respect of M&A transactions and listings of all kind of securities on the Mauritian Stock Exchange.
His clients include development financial institutions, major international corporations as well as the biggest conglomerates in Mauritius.
Experience has included advising:
- A prominent multinational power management company founded in the United States involving the drafting of board and shareholders resolutions, advising on share buybacks, reviewing share purchase agreements and advising on distribution of dividends on a cross-border deal
- Caspian Impact Investment Adviser Private Limited in respect of its investment fund in Mauritius, advice pertained to various corporate law and fund related matters
- IBL Ltd, one of the largest business groups in Mauritius, on the takeover of Lux Island Resorts Ltd, a major hotel operator headquartered in Mauritius, one of the biggest takeover transactions in Mauritius
- IBL Ltd, one of the largest business group in Mauritius, on the takeover of Bluelife Limited, one of the leading real estate companies in the Indian Ocean
- Winhold Ltd on the takeover of Compagnie des Magasins Populaires Limitée (owner of “Monoprix” a major retail chain with its headquarters in France), the deal involved the two biggest retail distributors in Mauritius
- One of the largest hospital chains in the world in respect of the sale of its shares in the largest hospital chain in Mauritius
- Citigroup Global Markets Mauritius Private Limited, a subsidiary of Citigroup Inc. on their obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 also conducted a training on data protection for their employees
- One of the largest conglomerates in Mauritius on a regular basis about their obligations under the Data Protection Act 2017
- Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator affiliated with the Alternative Dispute Resolution Group of Bristol, UK
- Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) at the University of the West of England, Bristol, UK
- University of Greenwich, London, UK, LLM in International Trade and Commercial Law
- University of the West of England, Bristol, UK, Graduate Diploma in Law
- University of Toulouse 1 Capitole, Toulouse, France, Licence en droit
- Honourable Society of the Lincoln’Inn
- Mauritius Bar Association
The COVID-19 (MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS) Act amends some 56 legislations which the COVID-19 pandemic context rendered necessary to mitigate its negative impact on the Mauritian economy and on the lives of Mauritians in general.
Following the outbreak of COVID-19 and its development into a global pandemic, governments, public and private organisations throughout the world are taking exceptional measures to contain and mitigate its spread.
It is crucial that STOR 2010 be revised in order to be in line with international best practices.
The GDPR has extra-territorial applicability; it will apply to Mauritian controllers and processors who are processing personal data of data subjects in the European Union (“EU”).