Ássma Nordine Jeque advises clients in a wide range of sectors, with a focus on energy and natural resources, real estate, intellectual property, services and administrative law.
In these sectors, she deals with various subjects, from the structuring and incorporation of companies, the drafting and negotiation of contracts, structuring advice for real estate projects, and advice on competition laws and other regulatory issues.
Ássma also provides advice on registration and disputes regarding intellectual property rights, and assists in public sector matters, with special emphasis on questions related to public procurement, administrative contracts and legal reforms.
Ássma's clients range from some of the biggest independent oil companies to local companies and individual investors in Mozambique.
Experience has included advising:
- A multinational oil and gas company, providing legal assistance on various transactions, involving: interests and rights over the land, structuring of the transactions, protection the interests of the parties, guarantees and other aspects related to these transactions. Also including, acquiring / transferring rights to use and enjoy the land, special licenses and assignment of exploitation contracts, as well as advice on the resettlement process and environmental issues, construction and registrations issues
- A multinational engineering, construction and project management company, providing legal assistance on various issues related with the administrative law contracts with the Mozambican state, civil liability and related matters
- A multinational mining resources exploration company, providing assistance on various transactions related to transmission of corporate participations, conclusion of shareholder agreements, and advice on the structuring of investments
- A national construction company and a multinational real estate company, providing legal assistance to various projects related to the purchase and sale of real estate properties and economic production units and structuring the various related interests in these transactions. This includes, real estate development contracts, suit to fit leases, long-term leases, horizontal property issues and condominium agreements and regulations, promissory agreements, sale and purchase contracts, and conducting due diligences on the properties and companies involved
- A public ministry, a municipality, a consultant company and a non-governmental organization, advising on legal reform processes, providing training in related matters, conducting national public consultations and advise on legislations related to groundwater, land, public participation in legislative processes, public-private partnerships, municipal markets, conservation policy and strategy for implementation, and credit reporting systems in Mozambique
- A multinational oil and gas company, incorporation of companies, advice on the articles of association and shareholders agreements, advice on licensing and mandatory registrations, and advice on various corporate matters
- A multinational banking institution, registration of trademarks, company name and logo with the Institute of Industrial Property of Mozambique, as well as analysing related issues and submitting complaints
- A multinational distribution company, a multinational telecommunication company and a multinational company in the sector of sale of consumer products, advice on various issues related to different business sectors and related legal issues such as telecommunications, food industry, consumer rights, competition law, agency contracts, distribution, franchising, service provision, terms and conditions for adhesion contracts, and civil liability
- Admitted to the Mozambique Bar Association (2008)
- Official Industrial Property Agent, admitted by the Institute of Industrial Property of Mozambique (2005)
- Eduardo Mondlane University in connection with the Classic University of Lisbon, Post-Graduate Degree in Energy Law (2010)
- Eduardo Mondlane University in connection with Classic University of Lisbon, Master in Decree in Economic Law (2005 to 2008)
- Bar Association of Mozambique, practical training (2006 to 2008)
- Institute of Industrial Property in Mozambique, professional card of official agent of the industrial property (2005)
- Eduardo Mondlane University, Law Degree (1999 to 2004)
- Ranked as Leading lawyer in IFLR1000 (2020)
- 2011 to date, Partner, SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda., DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- 2007 to 2011, Senior Legal Consultant, SAL & Caldeira Consultores & Advogados, Lda., DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- 2004 to 2006, Legal Consultant, SAL Consultoria e Investimentos, Lda., DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- 2008 to 2015, instructor in administrative law I and II, Instituto Superior de Ciências e Tecnologia de Moçambique (ISCTEM)
- 2005 to 2006, instructor in inheritance law, Universidade Técnica de Moçambique (UDM)
- 2004, monitor in real estate law, Law Faculty of Universidade Eduardo Mondlane
- 2003, practical training, directorate of industry, commerce and tourism (DICTUR), Beira
- 2002, practical training, directorate of legal affairs of the government (DAJES), Beira
- Member of the Mozambique Bar Association
- Registered with the Industrial Property Institute of Mozambique
- Member of the non-profit organization Legal and Businesswomen for Africa (LABFA)