Due to the COVID–19 pandemic, many countries around the world are declaring a state of emergency (or similar) and suspending normal constitutional procedures.
Diana Ramalho provides legal advice to companies in respect of employment matters, from recruitment to retirement. She has experience carrying out labor audits, drafting employment contracts and internal human resource policies, as well as assisting with the termination of employment contracts, including large-scale retrenchments, and drafting appeals of fines imposed by the labor authorities.
Diana also delivers training on various matters of labor law, designed for general managers, human resources managers, financial managers and the general business public. She enables participants to acquire comprehensive knowledge on how to handle sensitive matters that may arise from an employment relationship, taking into account the best interest of the organizations they work for.
She also has experience in intellectual property matters.
Diana is also responsible for implementing SAL & Caldeira’s business development strategy and often represents the firm at business and social events.
Experience has included advising:
- Multinational companies on labor audits and assistance in the regularization of employment matters
- An international company, in a capacity-building project designed for 17 of that company’s suppliers
- Companies in sector 3 (oil, gas and mining), in the negotiation of annual minimum salaries adjustments, representing the Mozambican private sector at the Labor Consultative Commission (Comissão Consultiva de Trabalho), from 2015 to 2016
- Multinational companies, with preparation of disciplinary proceedings, including carrying out prior investigations
- Multinational companies, in the negotiation of the termination of employment contracts (including collective dismissals) and drafting of the relevant documents
- Multinational companies, with the drafting of employment contracts, regulations and other internal policies, company agreements, and notifications to the labor authorities
- Official Industrial Property Agent (2013)
- Lawyer, admitted to the Mozambique Bar Association (2012)
- Africa University, Master's Degree in Intellectual Property (2011)
- Universidade Politécnica, Degree in Pure Legal Sciences (2008)
- 2018 to date, Business Developer, SAL & Caldeira Advogados Lda., DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- 2014 to date, Senior Consultant, SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda., DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- 2014, Environmental Law Lecturer, Universidade Politécnica
- 2013 to 2014, Consultant, SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda., DLA Piper Africa in Mozambique
- 2011 to 2012, Junior Consultant, SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda., DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- Mozambique Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Institute of Mozambique
In this number you can read "Special rights of Female Employees", "Termination of Employment Contracts Due to Cessation of Activities or Extinction of Legal Person" and "The legality of Discounts upon the Termination of Employment Contract".