In this number you can read: "Import and commercialization of pesticides in Mozambique", "Legal Regime of the Logo and its Importance as a Distinctive Element", "A brief analysis of the Simplified Legal Regime for Licensing to Carry out Economic Activities" and "Product Labeling: Challenges in Meeting the Pre-measured Products Labeling Requirements".
José Durão Gama provides legal assistance services in the corporate and commercial area, with a particular focus on establishment of commercial companies, foreign commercial representations and associations, and licensing process for economic activities.
He also provides transactional assistance for the transfer of shareholdings, execution of shareholder agreements, advice on the structuring of investments, monitoring of various processes regarding a companies’ life and activities, such as, dissolution, transformation and appointing corporate bodies.
José is also experienced with real estate projects including, contracts leasing and sale of properties, the conduct of due diligence and the drafting and negotiation of contracts, correspondence and legal opinions.
Jose’s clients include national and international companies in sectors such as, construction, telecommunications, health, transportation and logistics, security and hospitality.
Experience has included advising:
- A large international bank registered in Mozambique with a real estate project which includes the acquisition of properties, leases, construction contracts, due diligence of properties involved and related matters
- A South African health plan company, with the transfer of quotas in a health plan company operating in Mozambique, including assistance with the intellectual properties rights protection
- A local broadcaster, subsidiary of an international television broadcaster, with the acquisition of property including, pre-acquisition due diligence as well as transfer of quotas and internal restructuring of the company
- The second largest distributor of consumer goods in Africa, the largest retailer of general merchandise, liquor and home improvement equipment and wholesaler of basic foods, in compliance with the regulations applicable in Mozambique to its activity
- A division of one of the world's largest logistics companies, providing air and ocean freight forwarding services and logistics projects, with the process of renewal of licenses of its Mozambican subsidiary, registration of local branches and appointment of the company’s representatives
- Official Industrial Property Agent (2014)
- Lawyer admitted on Mozambique Bar Association (2013)
- Universidade Eduardo Mondlane, Degree in Law (2010)
- 2016 to date, Senior Legal Consultant in the Commercial and Corporate Practice Group, SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda., DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- 2013 to 2015, Legal Consultant in the Corporate Practice Group, SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda., DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- 2011 to 2012, Junior Legal Consultant in the Commercial and Corporate Practice Group, SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda., DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- 2011, Lecturer in Introduction to Law and Company Law, Universidade São Tomas de Moçambique
- Member of the Mozambique Bar Association
Member of the Intellectual Property Institute of Mozambique