Tomás João Milisse advises clients in respect of tax law with a focus on general tax issues, commercial activities, investment regimes and taxation of multinational companies.
Tomás’ clients range from entertainment game companies, service providers to oil & gas and mining companies.
He also advises clients in relation to tax implications on several transactions, customs-related matters and in seeking binding opinions from the Tax Authority. He also has experience in legal matters related to industrials sector.
Experience has included advising:
- A national bank regarding commercial assistance, bank financing processes and assistance with banking recovery credit;
- A multinational beverage company advising on various issues and providing assistance to the marketing department; and
- Multinational and national companies providing assistance on various tax issues.
- Eduardo Mondlane University, Degree in Law (2016)
- September 2019 - Present, Legal Advisor, SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda., DLA Piper Africa, Mozambique
- January 2019 - September 2019, Trainee lawyer, ASG – Albano Silva e Guilaze, Sociedade de Advogados, Lda.
- March 2017 – October 2017, Legal and External Affairs Assistant, British American Tobacco Mozambique
- May 2014 – February 2015, Trainee lawyer, Center for legal practice of the Faculty of Law of the Eduardo Mondlane University.
- Mozambican Bar Association