Vanessa Chiponde advises a broad range of clients on corporate and commercial matters, including, drafting, negotiating, reviewing and executing of commercial contracts, such as leases, purchase and sale of shares and real property, construction and provision of services. She also has experience advising on investment structures in Mozambique, registration of legal entities, legal due diligence and corporate restructuring.
Vanessa's clients range from service providers and real estate development companies to oil and gas and mining concessionaires.
She also advises on administrative law matters, including public procurement and public-private partnerships (PPPs).
Experience has included advising:
- A multinational oil and gas company, incorporating subsidiaries in Mozambique
- A multinational conglomerate operating in various segments such as, aviation, healthcare, power, transportation, and oil and gas, with the Mozambican aspects relating to the global restructuring and sale of the transportation business
- An international oilfield services company, with reorganization of the group companies in Mozambique
- An international oilfield services provider, on the legal and regulatory implications of restructuring, legal assistance on the implementation of the restructuring and changes to Mozambican subsidiaries
- An international mineral resources exploration company listed in the London Stock Exchange, with a full scope due diligence exercise on a Mozambican petroleum distributor for purposes of acquisition of a shareholding
- An investment company, with focus on tourism and real estate, with the acquisition of a tourism establishment located in a conservation area, through acquisition of 100% of the shareholding
- A private investor, with a commercial due diligence in respect to 23 land rights and licenses related to a large game reserve in southern Mozambique
- A local construction company, in acquiring rights to several pieces of land for the implementation of a real estate project
- An international construction company, in negotiating a construction agreement for a large-scale port in Mozambique
- Lawyer admitted to the Mozambique Bar Association (2018)
- Official Industrial Property Agent (2013)
- Instituto Superior de Ciência e Tecnologia de Moçambique (ISCTEM), Bachelor's Degree in Law (2010)
- 2012 to date, Manager, SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda. DLA Piper Africa member firm in Mozambique
- 2010 to 2012, Consultant, a Big 4 accounting firm
- Member of the Mozambique Bar Association
- Member of the Intellectual Property Institute of Mozambique