KEY QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
Namibia, 2013 – 2018; 2021 – present, Corporate / Commercial Attorney
- drafted various transactional documents for financing transactions, providing detailed terms for both debt- and equity participants;
- prepared legal opinions in respect of various commercial transactions, including property transactions and renewable energy and other infrastructure projects;
- advised on the current legal position in Namibia on a range of commercial subjects, including financial institutions and the development of infrastructure.
Chastin Bassingthwaighte is an associate at ESI. She practised as an attorney for more than 5 years, before pursuing an MBA, and then returning to practice. Chastin has experience in a broad range of commercial and contractual matters. She currently focuses on preparing and reviewing various documents necessary for large-scale financing transactions.
- University of Pretoria (South Africa): BComm (2009) LLB (2011)
- Chastin completed her articles with the Justice Training Centre during 2013 and was admitted to the High Court of Namibia during 2014
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (North Carolina, USA): MBA (2020)