Saheed has a substantial wealth of experience in dispute resolution and transactional aspects of law. He has represented various clients before superior courts in Nigeria. In the same vein, he advises clients on transactions spanning across the financial, energy, and natural resources sectors of Nigerian economy.
Saheed has assisted with negotiating, drafting and reviewing several commercial agreements and resolving complex issues that arise therefrom.
Experience has included advising:
- A National Oil Company, in structuring a trade finance deal for the sale of oil worth USD1.2 billion
- Nigerian Gas Company, on debt financing of its receivables
- An FTSE 100 Company, on setting up a subsidiary in Nigeria and developing a FCPA and UKBA compliant Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy
- A Concessionaire, on the restructuring of its loan obligations with African Development Bank and other local lenders
- An IPP, on regulatory requirements relating to captive power generation and supply of electricity to estates in Lagos
- An FCMG Company, on the regulatory requirements for setting up a subsidiary in Lekki Free Trade Zone
Solicitor and Advocate admitted to the Supreme Court of Nigeria (2018)
- University of Ilorin, LL.B. (2017)
- Nigerian Law School, B.L. (2018)
- 2019 to present, Associate, Olajide Oyewole LLP, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Nigeria
- 2018 to 2019, Associate, Lagos-based law firm.
- Nigerian Bar Association