Ian Mulisa is a corporate and commercial attorney with experience representing a range of clients, including private and public companies, government agencies and international organizations in various corporate and commercial matters including mergers and acquisitions, financial services, commercial contract drafting and negotiation, project finance and general corporate governance among others.
His experience covers a range of sectors including financial services, technology, real estate, energy and natural resources, aviation, manufacturing and consumer goods and retail.
Experience has included advising:
- An international telecom company regarding a multi-million dollar public-private partnership project with the Government of Rwanda for the creation of joint venture to design, finance, develop, construct, own, operate and maintain a national 4G/LTE wireless access network in Rwanda
- An international investor regarding the structuring and negotiation of a joint venture project for the building of a multi-million dollar high nutrient food factory involving IFC, WFP and Government of Rwanda
- Several international financial institutions regarding the financing of the acquisition of Boeing and Airbus aircrafts by RwandAir
- Two European financial institutions regarding the financing of a forestry company in Rwanda
- Several international financial institutions regarding a multi-million dollar mergers and / or acquisitions relating to several Rwandan banks
- Several international and local financial institutions regarding a syndicated financing of Rwanda’s biggest Cement manufacturer for construction of a new Cement plant
- International and local clients regarding corporate law matters including advising them on registration of companies, mergers and acquisitions and corporate compliance issues.
- International and local clients regarding labor law matters including. but not limited to, drafting and advising on the form of employment contracts, entering and terminating employment contracts and mandatory pension schemes
- International and local clients regarding trademark registration procedures and related matters
- The Government of Rwanda regarding the development of model energy agreements
- Advocate admitted to the Rwanda Bar Association (2017)
- University of Westminster, LL.M. in International Commercial Law with Merit (2015)
- Uganda Law Development Centre, Diploma in Legal Practice (2010)
- Makerere University, LL.B. with Honors (2009)
- 2020 to date, Partner, Equity Juris Chambers, DLA Piper Africa, Rwanda
- 2015 - 2020, Senior Associate, Equity Juris Chambers, DLA Piper Africa, Rwanda
- 2011 - 2014, Associate, Equity Juris Chambers, DLA Piper Africa, Rwanda
- 2010 - 2011 Ministry of Education, Legal Officer for the Higher Education Council
- 2009 - 2010 Legal Intern, Ugandan law firm
- Rwanda Bar Association
- East African Law Society