Senegal, like many African countries , recently adopted on February 22, 2021 a new Act on Public-Private Partnership contracts (the Act).
Mahamat Atteib provides regulatory advice for foreign investors, particularly in the oil and gas and mining sectors. He conducts research and contract reviews, including for project financing of extractives projects. Mahamat also has an interest in arbitration and has been elected as a representative for Africa, Middle East and Turkey of the ICC Young Arbitrators Forum.
Experience has included advising:
- Makabingui Resources on its loan and mining contract in Senegal
- As a team member, the SNE-1 joint venture [Cairn / Woodside Petroleum / FAR] on their offshore oil project
- China Export-Import Bank on the repayment mechanism agreement to fund the Chad National ICT Modernization Project
- JLL Corrigo on Ivorian privacy laws applying to its on-line building maintenance request platform
- Almastone on its transfer of a debt as a guarantee in Côte d’Ivoire
- Sucafina on its pledge of stock and collateral in Côte d’Ivoire
- Gwar Sen on restructuring its affiliate companies in Senegal
- Volkswagen KRL3 on its local implementation and personal data issues in Senegal
- As a team member, Affert Resources in its claim and exequatur proceedings against ICS in Singapore and Senegal
- Jurist, Senegal (2013)
- University of Gaston Berger, LL.M. (2016)
- University of Gaston Berger, LL.B. (2012)
- Strathmore University, Certificate in Mining Law (2018)
- OHADA Higher Regional School on Magistrature, Certificate in Business Law (2013)
- Representative for Africa, Middle East and Turkey of the ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
Two DLA Piper Africa lawyers have been recognised by the Association of Young Arbitrators (AYA) in their annual “Africa’s 50 Most Promising Young Arbitration Practitioners” Award 2020.
The purpose of this brief is to analyze COVID-19 impacts on the activities of businesses, and how they can lead to force majeure under Senegalese law.
We are pleased to announce the publication of Chambers Global Guide 2019. The guide provides expert legal commentary on key issues for businesses. The guide covers the important developments in the most significant jurisdictions.