The purpose of this note is to (i) shed light on the content of this ordinance, and (ii) analyse how it restricts the power of employers to dismiss or to suspend employment contracts in Senegal, as outlined in the Labor Code.
Sally Mamadou Thiam acts for clients before all Senegalese courts, focusing on commercial and contractual disputes. His clients include airlines, manufacturers and finance institutions.
Sally also advises on commercial transactional work. He advises on project financing and major project work, including private-public partnerships.
Experience has included advising:
- A foreign bank about a loan agreement with the State of Senegal
- An leading international IT company on legal issues relating to an app in Niger
- A large company about cross-border private banking
- Avocat à la cour admitted to the Senegalese Bar (2015)
- University of Cheikh Anta Diop, LL.M. (2006)
- University of Cheikh Anta Diop LL.B. (2005)
- 2015 to date, Attorney / Associate, GENI & KEBE Lawyers, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Senegal
- 2014 to 2015, Registrar, District Tribunal of Dakar in Senegal
- 2010 to 2013, Administrative Officer, Ministry of Urban Planning and Sanitation in Senegal