Andrew Mauso specialises in civil and commercial dispute resolution. His broad disputes practice covers: commercial contracts, banking and financial law, insolvency and recoveries litigation, negligence and product liability, intellectual property and anticounterfeiting. He acts for several leading local and multinational organizations.
In notable mandates, Andrew successfully prosecuted a landmark image rights and privacy violation claim before the high court.
Experience has included advising:
- Vivo Energy, in defending a high-value privacy and image rights infringement claim arising out of a marketing campaign
- MTN Uganda, in successfully prosecuting a recovery claim for unpaid interconnection fees against a contract counterparty
- A leading insurance company, in defending a contested fraudulent claim
- A global microfinance organization, in defending a claim for dismissal by a former employee (in novel circumstances where the dismissal is directed by a regulatory agency)
- A global, non-governmental organization, in prosecuting an appeal to determine the validity and enforceability of foreign jurisdiction clauses
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda (2013)
- Law Development Centre, Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification) (2011)
Uganda Christian University, Mukono, Bachelor of Law (2010)
- Member of the East Africa Law Societ
- Member of the Uganda Law Society