Andrew Mauso specialises in civil and commercial dispute resolution. His broad disputes practice covers commercial contracts, banking and financial law, insolvency and recoveries, negligence and product liability, intellectual property and anti-counterfeiting. He acts for several leading local and multinational organisations.
Experience has included advising:
- A financial institution in unlawful termination proceedings following a declaration by the central bank that the claimant was not a fit and proper person to manage a financial institution.
- Vivo Energy in defending a high-value privacy and image rights infringement claim arising out of a marketing campaign.
- MTN Uganda in successfully prosecuting a recovery claim for unpaid interconnection fees against a contract counterparty.
- A leading insurance company in defending a contested fraudulent claim.
- A global, non-governmental organization in prosecuting an appeal to determine the validity and enforceability of foreign jurisdiction clauses.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda.
- Uganda Christian University, Mukono: Bachelor of Laws.
- Law Development Centre: Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification).
- Member of the East African Law Society.
- Member of the Uganda Law Society.