Anita Nicole Byaruhanga’s practice covers corporate and commercial advisory. She acts for corporate and financial entities on legal, regulatory and transactional matters, including regulatory affairs, corporate finance, corporate governance, commercial contracts, compliance and risk and legal due diligence.
Experience has included advising:
- Vivo Energy (as legal secondee) on various legal, regulatory, commercial, risk and contentious matters.
- Centenary Bank on aspects of its corporate reorganisation (by which the bank altered its corporate structure by creating a holding company structure).
- A leading commercial bank on its anti-money laundering compliance obligations.
- A leading commercial bank in relation to strategic prosecution against former bank employees involved in rogue-trading activities in the forex markets.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda.
- Makerere University: Bachelor of Laws.
- Law Development Centre: Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification).