Grace Nahurira Mutabazi advises financial institutions on lending arrangements and other forms of specialised finance, as well as on compliance obligations with Uganda’s financial services regulatory regime. In advisory work, Grace acts for corporate entities on legal, regulatory and transactional matters, including regulatory affairs, commercial contracts, compliance and risk and legal due diligence.
Experience has included advising:
- Uganda Breweries (as legal secondee) on various legal, regulatory, commercial, risk and contentious matters.
- Standard Chartered Bank, Stanbic Bank, Absa Bank and Centenary Bank for their retail, corporate and investment lending operations.
- Trade and Development Bank for the project financing of three run-of-the-river mini hydropower dams.
- Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services in various corporate and regulatory matters.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda.
- Makerere University: Bachelor of Laws.
- Law Development Centre: Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification).
- Member of the East African Law Society.
- Member of the Uganda Law Society.