Grace Nahurira Mutabazi practices within the firm’s Banking and Finance and Real Estate departments. She advises financial institutions on lending arrangements and other forms of specialized finance, as well as on compliance obligations with Uganda’s financial services regulatory regime.
In real estate, Grace focuses on the full range of services: the acquisition and disposal of commercial real estate, leases and lease-backs, property finance, structuring beneficial holdings, the permit and consent process related to the use of land, and tax planning for real estate acquisitions and disposals.
Experience has included advising:
- As team member, acting for twelve commercial banks in Uganda, for their retail, corporate and investment lending operations
- As team member, the Trade and Development Bank, for the project financing of run-of-the-river mini hydropower dams
- As team member, the Uganda Institute of Banking and Financial Services, in various corporate and regulatory matters
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda (2019)
- Law Development Centre, Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification) (2018)
- Makerere University, Bachelor of Law (2017)
- Member of the East Africa Law Society
- Member of the Uganda Law Society