Philbert Kevin Mpiirwe’s practice covers projects and infrastructure and corporate and commercial advisory.
He acts for manufacturing, petroleum and oil and gas operations, energy, infrastructure and corporate entities on various legal, regulatory and transactional mandates. These include: projects establishment, commercial contracting, mergers and acquisitions, legal due diligence, compliance and legal risk management.
In corporate mandates, Philbert provides advice on regulatory compliance, company law matters and due diligence investigations.
Experience has included advising:
- Sinohydro Corporation, the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contractor of the 600 MW Karuma hydropower dam project, in providing advisory support to the project management and implementation team
- A global utility-scale solar energy developer, on the establishment of 500 MW modular solar photovoltaic power plants in Uganda
- A French oil and gas technology and engineering solutions provider, together with its local (Uganda-based) and continental partners, on the establishment of joint-venture operations SPV, including advising on industry local content requirements
- Carnavale Resources Limited, a listed Australian mineral exploration and production company, for its proposed acquisition of the assets of a leading Ugandan tin mining company
- Hima Cement, the Ugandan subsidiary of LafargeHolcim, on the planned acquisition of surface rights and establishment of a clinker manufacturing plant
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda (2016)
- Law Development Centre, Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification) (2015)
- Makerere University, Bachelor of Law (2014)
- Member of the East Africa Law Society
- Member of the Uganda Law Society