Victoria Nakaddu specializes in all aspects of employment and employee benefits law, both contentious and non-contentious, and acts for a wide range of leading organizations in the private sector.
Victoria frequently works with general and in-house counsel, employment advisers and directly with the operation in handling employment and benefits issues.
In notable matters, Victoria advised dfcu Bank for its acquisition of the employment portfolio of Crane Bank (as part of the overall purchase of the assets and liabilities of Crane Bank), and a leading oil and gas company and global tobacco group on sensitive corporate restructurings. Victoria also acts for the provident funds of private organizations on set-up, registration and general advisory matters.
In the non-profit sector, Victoria advises international and local non-governmental organizations on a range of matters: regulatory compliance, employment and pensions, commercial contracts, real estate and taxation.
Experience has included advising:
- As team member, dfcu Bank, for its acquisition of the employment portfolio of Crane Bank (as part of the overall purchase of the assets and liabilities of Crane Bank), including advising on transfer of undertaking, collective termination (and accompanying regulatory reporting obligations), expatriate repatriation and the contractual integration of retained employees
- As team member, a national government agency, on major restructuring that involved collective termination and a comprehensive labor law audit and review of all organizational manuals, policies and procedures relating to human resources management
- As team member, an international anti-poverty charity, on its scheduled temporary closure and subsequent staff restructuring and strategic asset disposal
- As team member, a leading cement manufacturer, on a significant corporate restructuring exercise
- As team member, existing retirement benefits schemes, on their compliance with the new Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority Act, including the adjustment of scheme structures with the new legal framework
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda (2012)
- Law Development Centre, Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification) (2010)
- Makerere University, Bachelor of Law (2009)
- Member of the East Africa Law Society
- Member of the Uganda Law Society