Winnie Kyomuhendo’s corporate practice covers corporate and commercial law, M&A, private equity and capital markets, technology and digital services. She advises local and multinational entities and financial institutions, as well as international counsel, on legal, regulatory, financing and transactional mandates.
Experience has included advising:
- MTN Uganda for its USD150 million initial public offer - the first telecommunications sector public offer in Uganda; the largest ever public offer in the history of the Ugandan capital markets; the first public offer to utilise digital channels (including mobile money) and the largest public offer in Africa in 2021.
- Amazon on the provision of services in Uganda using Amazon’s non-geostationary satellite orbit (fixed satellite) service (Project Kuiper).
- Square Inc., a digital payments company, in relation to an equity investment in the music streaming service Tidal and advising on the corporate affairs of the Tidal subsidiary in Uganda.
- A private sustainable agriculture fund that supports smallholder farmers though equity and mezzanine products for a combined debt and equity investment in the parent company of a smallholder focused poultry enterprise.
- dfcu Bank in its purchase of the assets and assumption of liabilities of Crane Bank following the placement of Crane Bank into receivership by the Central Bank; the transaction being the largest banking sector acquisition in Uganda.
- Savannah Commodities Limited and Grainpulse Limited, two indigenous agro-commodity companies, in relation to a business reorganisation and subsequent USD8.5 million equity investment by K+S AG, a German chemical company listed on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
- dfcu Limited on its USD55 million rights issue and listing of additional shares on the Uganda Securities Exchange.
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Uganda.
- University of Cape Town: Master of Laws (Commercial Law).
- Graduate Member: The Chartered Governance Institute.
- Makerere University: Bachelor of Laws.
- Law Development Centre: Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (bar qualification).
- The Chartered Governance Institute.
- East African Law Society.
- Uganda Law Society.