This note has identified some of the legal implications of COVID-19 measures in the employment sector and what options Zambian employers may legally implement in light of the Employment Code Act No. 3 of 2019 of the laws of Zambia (the EA).
Chil is a Partner in the Mining and Real Estate Department of Chibesakunda & Company. Chil has extensive corporate and commercial work with particular focus on real estate acquisition, agri M&A, the establishment of greenfield mines and acquisition of existing operations. Chil is well known for her work with clients in structuring innovative structures for the exploitation of mining operations.
Chil’s mining clients are mostly international while her real estate clients range from private equity funds to local and international companies and high net worth individuals.
Experience has included advising:
- Consolidated Nickel Mine Plc in relation to the acquisition of the rights to recapitalize and operate the Munali Nickel Mine
- Gemfield Mining group in relation to the sale of its interests in Kariba Minerals to ZCCM-IH
- Novare Equity Fund in relation to the acquisition, financing and construction of three prime shopping malls and a-state-of-the-art business park
- Financial institutions in relation to the USD60 million syndicated financing of Zambia Breweries Plc’s operations
- ARM-Vale Resources in respect of the restructuring of of its USD500 million Konkola North project
- Intrepid Limited in the acquisition of Blackthorn Zambia Mining operations
- MMG Zambia Exploration Limited in the acquisitions of interests in mining rights and structuring of deal
- Standard Bank South Africa in relation to Ndola Lime Company Limited on project financing facility
- Advocate admitted to the Supreme Court of Zambia (2008)
- Advocate admitted to the High Court of Zambia (2005)
- Zambia Institute of Advance Legal Education (ZIALE) (2005)
- University of East Anglia (UK) LL.M. (2003)
- University of East Anglia (UK) LL.B. (2001)
- Ranked as a rising star, IFLR 1000
- Member of the Law Association of Zambia