Robin Durairajah has significant experience in legal advisory work in energy, company law, securities law, financial regulatory, public private partnerships, banking law, taxation, and general commercial law in Zambia. Robin is head of department for a practice group including Corporate Advisory, Energy, Tax, Aviation, Capital Markets and Corporate Distress / Reorganisations.
Robin has worked on some of Zambia’s most notable transactions including the largest initial public offering to date on the Lusaka Stock Exchange, on Zambia’s first independent power producer project and the largest acquisition – a mining company.
Experience has included advising:
- ZCCM - Investment Holding PLC in relation to the development of a cement plant
- Lunsemfwa Hydro Power Company Limited in relation to a proposed 265 MW extension of LHPC’s installed hydropower capacity project
- APR Energy power purchase arrangements with the government of the Republic of Zambia for the supply of 100 MW emergency power
- Madison Financial Services PLC on an initial public offering of its shares on the Lusaka Stock Exchange
- Ndola Energy Company Limited on the establishment of a 50MW heavy fuel oil power plant
- Nava Bharat Pty (Singapore) on the privatisation acquisition of Maamba Collieries Limited
- Maamba Collieries Limited on establishment of a 300MW thermal power project
- Raytheon Canada Limited on its bid to the Ministry of Transport & Communication for the supply of radar systems
- Star Software Technology Company Ltd, preferred bidder, on its dispute with the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting over the cancellation of the tender for digital migration
- Cambridge Economic Policy Advisors on the Irrigation Support Development Programme of the Government of the Republic of Zambia
- UMIST / Chartered Institute of Bankers: Management Services (Financial Services) Diploma (2002)
- University of Sussex (UK) LL.B. (1996)
- Securities and Exchange Commission of Zambia - Stock Brokers training course.
- 1999 -2006 – Corpus Globe Legal Practitioners – Associate
- 1997-2000 – Lusaka Stock Exchange – Graduate Assistant