Ever wondered how you would disinvest your business interest in Zimbabwe?
Carole Bamu is a Senior Associate in the Banking and Finance Practice Group. Carole specializes in general banking law and debt security finance transactions. Carole began her career as a legal intern in a Harare based law firm in 2013 where she gained extensive experience in commercial litigation. She then joined Manokore Attorneys in 2015.
Carole advises both local and foreign leading financial institutions, private equity sponsors, investment funds, offshore development finance institutions and international corporations. Carole has handled many complex and high value transactions some of which include acting as legal advisor for a multi-million-dollar infrastructure bond issuance, conducting legal due diligences for offshore financial institutions and investors, advising on debt equity variations and restructuring and advising on financial markets law and legislation including banking regulation.
Carole’s experience also includes providing specialist advice on debt capital markets, exchange control regulations and being a sounding board for her clients on matters of corporate finance, real estate finance, acquisition finance, trade finance and various intricate finance transactions.
Experience has included advising:
- A leading financial institution in the subscription of a USD100 million infrastructure bond
- A leading financial institution in a debt security swap valued at USD10 million
- A leading financial institution on a number of security transactions
- The board of directors of a financial institution on the corporate governance procedures regarding the sale of shares of the client company
- A large foreign financial institution on the registration and licensing of a microfinance institution
- South Africa’s largest development finance institution on a USD60 million line of credit facility to a Zimbabwean financial institution
- One of South Africa’s largest development finance institutions on its various interests in Zimbabwe
- An off hore financial investment company on draft loan agreements, security agreements, cession agreements, pledge agreements and guarantees
- A microfinancing institution on reviewing facility documentation, loan insurance agreements and service level agreements
- A leading microfinance SME in reviewing facility agreements
- Banking clients in security registrations at the deeds office and rending advice on types of registrable security
- Registered Legal Practitioner of the High Court of Zimbabwe (2013)
- Registered Notary Conveyancer (2013)
- University of KwaZulu Natal, South Africa, LLB (Hon) (2013)
- 2015 to date, Senior Associate, Manokore Attorneys, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Zimbabwe
- 2014 to 2015, Legal Intern, Harare based law firm
- Law Society of Zimbabwe