IMMMA Advocates is pleased to send another team member, senior associate Libent Rwazo for a secondment programme.
Sadock Magai is the Managing Partner and Head of the Banking and Finance department at IMMMA Advocates. Sadock has been consistently recommended by the IFLR1000 and Chambers and Partners as a leading lawyer in Tanzania.
His practice includes debt capital markets, transactional banking, corporate finance, restructuring, receiverships, banking regulatory and compliance. He regularly represents banking institutions, both domestic and international, in secured and unsecured lending transactions including syndicated lending, project finance, personal property security, derivatives and equity finance.
Sadock is also highly experienced in drafting all phases of commercial loan documentation including loan facility agreements, mortgages, debentures, assignments, guarantees and indemnities and security sharing agreements.
Experience has included advising:
- The Ghanaian government with respect to the provision of legal advisory services related to the Ghana roads public-private partnership (PPP) capacity-building project;
- The Somalian government with respect to the provision of legal advisory services related to the Somalia Production Sharing Agreement Toolkit project;
- The Tanzanian government through the Electricity Water Utility Regulatory Authority, on a transactional, legislative and practical approach to PPPs and the development of an energy toolkit;
- The Tanzanian government for the Bagamoyo Port and Export Processing Zones (EPZ) project;
- As project counsel for the Bagamoyo Eco-Energy project, in the development of sugarcane plantations;
- As project counsel, the sponsors of a USD300 million cement plant in Tanzania; and
- A local bank in the restructuring of a USD55 million trade finance facility involving a local commodities company.
- Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and all courts subordinate thereto (except primary courts)
- University of Dar es Salaam, Law Studies (1989)
- University of Dar es Salaam, Bachelor of Laws (1989)
- University of Strathclyde (UK), Diploma in Finance (1998)
- Ranked as a highly-regarded leading lawyer in the IFLR 1000 (2018)
- The Legal 500 (2018): “Sadock D. Magai is an established figure in energy and infrastructure projects”
- 2015 to present, Managing Partner, IMMMA Advocates, DLA Piper Africa, Tanzania
- 1997 to 2015, Finance Partner, IMMMA Advocates, DLA Piper Africa member firm in Tanzania
- 1990 to 1997, Chief Legal Examiner, Tanzania Institute of Bankers
- 1990 to 1997, Legal Counsel, Bank of Tanzania 1989 to 1990, State Attorney
- Tanganyika Law Society
- East Africa Law Society
- International Bar Association
As you are fully aware, on Saturday November 11, 2017, the partners of IMMMA Advocates, had a meeting and amongst the items of the meeting was voting for elevation of Madina Chenge to equity partner.