The government is intending to review the Fisheries Act 2003 and its regulations of 2009, to address challenges thwarting development of the country’s fishing industry Livestock and Fisheries Minister Luhaga Mpina said when speaking during the meeting to collect stakeholders’ views and opinions on the proposed law.
IMMMA Advocates has employment and labor relations practices in Tanzania. Our team has extensive experience in advising employers on lawful termination procedures, the fundamental rights and protections afforded by employment and labor laws, issues concerning workman’s compensation, social security payments, severance pay and other terminal benefits, employment contracts, trade unions and collective agreements and retrenchment.
Experience has included advising:
- Pact Tanzania, Intra-Health, Save the Children and World Education Inc. (WEI) in a restructuring process which lead to retrenchment of employees
- Intra-Health on retrenchment following restructuring and closure of some of its projects
- The Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation on the procedures under the Tanzanian labor laws for retrenchment for operational reasons
- Global Fluids International (GFI), JICA on the labor regime in Tanzania relating to termination on grounds of poor performance
- On the review of employment contracts and Human Resources Manuals on behalf of CCBRT, JICA, Colgate-Palmolive, Save the Children, I-Tech, the Embassy of Denmark, the Royal Norwegian Embassy and NRC
On all employment and labor matters, including disputes, during the privatization and re-organization of the National Microfinance Bank Limited and the National Bank of Commerce Limited
- JICA, Facebook Inc and Asco Holding Norge AS on the implication and applicability of Workman’s Compensation Act of 2002 as amended in 2008
- Training and seminars on employment and labor related matters to Statoil Tanzania As and AEL.
- Ndovu Resources in relation to employment standards and advised a proposed restructuring of its operations posts at Mtwara base.
- New Forest Company Limited in undertaking disciplinary procedures against a number of its employees
The Public Service Social Security Fund Act, (No. 2), 2018 (PSSSF, “the Act”) is now operational. This law was assented by the President of Tanzania on 8th February 2018 and published on 9th February, 2018, vide GN No. 6, Vol. 99 of 2018.