A bill enacting the new Arbitration Act 2020 was passed by the parliament of the United Republic of Tanzania.
Faiza has knowledge and experience in civil, banking and corporate litigation as well as alternative dispute resolution.
Faiza has successfully represented financial institutions in several cases involving recoveries and securities at the High Courts of Tanzania. She has also represented local and foreign companies at the High Courts and successfully settled companies’ disputes by way of arbitration.
She also assists the Employment team in labor related matters.
Experience includes advising:
- National Bank of Commerce in a claim over TZS6 billion;
- Commercial Bank of Africa on various cases involving recoveries at the High Courts of Tanzania;
- Unicool East Africa Company Limited in an arbitration concerning a breach of subcontractor agreement;
- As a team member, Standard Chartered Bank and its affiliates at the High Courts of Tanzania concerning disputes surrounding a power purchase agreement;
- Ecobank on various cases by and against it at the High Courts; and
- In a labour dispute against Airtel out of court.
- Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and all courts subordinate thereto (except primary courts)
- Law School of Tanzania, Diploma in Legal Practice (2014)
- Mzumbe University, LL.B. (2012)
- 2014 to present, Associate, IMMMA Advocates, DLA Piper Africa, Tanzania
- 2014 to 2014, Legal Officer, IMMMA Advocates, DLA Piper Africa, Tanzania
- 2013 to 2014, Intern, IMMMA Advocates, DLA Piper Africa, Tanzania
- Tanganyika Law Society
- East Africa Law Society