Our guide to the issues likely to impact businesses and the key measures taken by African governments in response to COVID-19.
Our employment lawyers advise clients in Namibia on employment legislation, helping them meet their workforce objectives.
We partner with our clients, wherever they do business, to find solutions and manage risk in relation to their employment, incentives and pensions legal challenges and objectives.
We work with our clients locally, internationally and across borders. Our global reach and local knowledge means that we can partner with clients to drive consistency, deliver cost savings and help them identify and manage their priorities and risk across multiple locations.
Experience has included advising:
- Clients in arbitration matters before the Labour Commission of Namibia
- Clients by chairing and/or prosecuting disciplinary hearings on their behalf.
- Clients regarding conciliation proceedings.
- On Collective Bargaining and Strike Management.
- Various clients in preparation of their labor policies for their Namibian subsidiaries.
- A local private equity fund in a first of its kind arbitration matter against the largest pension fund in Namibia.
- Local fishing companies in urgent proceedings in the High Court to declare unlawful a nationwide strike by employees of the respective companies.
- The Namibian National Student Financial Assistance Fund during the disciplinary proceedings, urgent High Court proceedings, and review proceedings against its suspended chief executive officer.
DLA Piper Africa achieves impressive results in the newly released 2020 edition of The Legal 500: Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)edition
A global economy requires multinationals to adopt a global business strategy, which invariably involves the need to transfer a firm’s most important asset – its people – in a fluid way across national borders. That is why managing the mobilization of expatriate employees in the most efficient way, including handling strategic immigration, labor and tax legal issues, is critical for the oil and gas industry.