Our lawyers are skilled in litigation, arbitration, investigations and alternative dispute resolution and will deploy that experience to help you devise the best strategies. Advising on regulatory law, we focus on areas such as international trade, antitrust and competition, global governance and more.
In an environment where regulation and its enforcement will only increase, we recognize that effective compliance and avoidance of regulatory intervention are business critical issues for our clients.
We have the local knowledge to apply the regulatory, economic, political and cultural context to legal issues and develop case strategies, including technically challenging or complex multi-jurisdictional matters.
Our lawyers are experienced in providing the highest quality public law advice informed by a detailed knowledge and understanding of government and government processes.
We advise both public and private sector clients on a wide range of matters arising from the development, passage, content, interpretation and application of laws and regulations, as well as dispute resolution and investigative processes, including judicial review, public inquiries, statutory appeals and tribunal processes.
Understanding global antitrust and competition rules is a necessary and prudent part of any successful business strategy in today's global economy.
Whether your company is large or small, if it is considering forming a business alliance, moving into a new market, taking a new tack with its competitors, implementing a new production, marketing or distribution strategy, or growing through corporate development, our lawyers can assist with the requirements of antitrust and competition laws.
In the aftermath of the global financial crisis, banks and other financial institutions need now, more than ever, to reduce and manage legal, regulatory, financial and reputational risks.
Infrastructure, energy and construction projects are technically complicated, strategically important and high value and often involve multiple parties from numerous jurisdictions.
We know that disputes do not take place in a vacuum, but are firmly rooted in cultural, political and economic environments, and we have experience dealing with such disputes, in Namibia.
Our lawyers have experience helping clients with international operations meet the evolving – and sometimes conflicting – expectations of regulatory and enforcement agencies.
We guide clients in all aspects of designing, implementing and managing compliance programs, assessing and mitigating risk, remediating compliance issues and running internal investigations.
IT and telecommunication services are business critical. It is of paramount importance for businesses to have at their disposal lawyers who understand the IT and telecoms sector, are experienced in handling commercial, regulatory and competition disputes and who can deliver value for money.
We are experienced in all methods of dispute resolution including litigation, mediation and expert determination.
Our lawyers are well placed to assist clients with all aspects of merger control.
We are accustomed to navigating the complexities of different merger control regimes and coordinating our efforts across the globe to ensure a timely and consistent approach.
Regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies globally are now more powerful than ever before. They are showing greater willingness to use the powers made available to them, encouraged by government initiatives, to persuade companies that regulation must be taken seriously.
Our lawyers can help clients manage a crisis, provide guidance through an investigation and provide advice on becoming fully compliant with specific regulations in Namibia.
Experience has included advising:
- On behalf of a communication service provider, assisting in the preparation of their licensing application with the Communications Regulatory Authority of Namibia (CRAN) and the Minister of Information and Technology.
- On behalf on national and international communication services providers in relation to action instituted by Communications Regulatory Authority of Namibia (CRAN) for the alleged infringement of the Communication Act.
- Numerous clients in their interactions with the Competition Commission of Namibia, in particular the reporting of proposed mergers and advising on anti-competitive practices.
- On behalf of various clients, including clients in like financial institutions, and regularly assist with their dealings and interactions with the Namibia Financial Institutions Supervisory Authority (NAMFISA).
- With numerous contractual, delictual and other claims in the High Court of Namibia for several clients.
- Clients in tender reviews pertaining to the awarding of the tenders.
- On settling of contractual disputes on behalf of clients in terms of alternative dispute resolutions methods.
- Clients in respect of civil construction disputes which transactions was governed by the FIDIC suite of documents.
- Local financial institutions, multinational organizations and global banking giants. We have extensive experience in contentious banking and finance matters and the range of skills needed successfully to manage litigation risks and disputes in the financial services sector, providing timely and thorough advice on regulatory, legal and reputational issues.