Jurie specializes in corporate law, with a focus on banking and finance, mining and energy (including oil and gas), structured and project finance, the drawing, negotiation and securitization of contracts, and conducting of due diligences.
Experience has included advising:
- FNB Namibia Limited on its merger with the Pointbreak Group
- Bidvest Group Limited in a takeover scheme relating to the minority shareholders of Bidvest Namibia and the delisting of Bidvest Namibia from the NSX
- CNUC (a Chinese state-owned enterprise), in its takeover of Rossing Uranium
- RMB on various term loan facility agreements
- A US development finance institution on lending transaction to Namibian corporates
- Sponsors on various renewable solar projects
- Legal Practitioner admitted to the High Court of Namibia (2003)
- University of Stellenbosch, B.Comm, LL.B., LL.M. (2002)
- Ranked as leading lawyer in Chambers & Partners Global every year since 2006
- Ranked in Legal 500
- Law Society of Namibia (2003)
DLA Piper Africa, Namibia (ESI) has been awarded the 2021 PMR.africa Golden Arrow Award of Excellence for promoting economic growth and development in Namibia.