DLA Piper and DLA Piper Africa have collectively been shortlisted for 20 awards across multiple categories at the African Legal Awards 2023.
Internationally, DLA Piper has been shortlisted for International Law Firm of the Year and ESG Initiative of the Year, with DLA Piper Africa shortlisted for the African Network/Alliance of the Year award, having won the award in 2022. Regionally, DLA Piper Africa has been shortlisted for African Law Firm of the Year in all four categories: East, North, Southern and West Africa.
DLA Piper Africa, Nigeria lawyers Muyiwa Ogungbenro and Ismaila Usman have also been nominated for Partner of the Year – West Africa and Private Practice Rising Star awards, respectively, in addition to our teams in Nigeria, Mozambique and Kenya who are up for awards in the following categories:
- Capital Markets Team of the Year (Kenya)
- Environment, Energy & Natural Resources Team of the Year (Kenya)
- Private Equity Team of the Year (Kenya)
- Transportation and Infrastructure Team of the Year (Kenya)
- IP Team of the Year (Nigeria)
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team of the Year (Nigeria)
- Employment Law Team of the Year (Nigeria)
- Property and Construction Team of the Year (Nigeria)
- Restructuring Team of the Year (Nigeria)
- M&A Team of the Year (Mozambique)
- Tax Team of the Year (Mozambique)
The African Legal Awards recognise the extraordinary work done by law firms and individuals in the pan-African and international legal community. Winners will be selected by a panel of independent judges and will be announced at the awards ceremony on 1 September 2023 , hosted by Law.com International in partnership with the Corporate Counsel Association of South Africa (CCASA) and Africa Legal.
Janet Muthoni, Senior Marketing & Business Development Manager – DLA Piper Africa,
Tel: +254 706 835 142, Email: [email protected]